Requires advanced knowledge of the overall accounting function or section of work, specialized in the financial industry. Help others understand the relationship between operational and financial goals of the organization and constantly reinforce them. Independently oversee, guide and direct the daily financial concerns of the association, including the daily transactions of loans, deposit of all payments, the accounting of receipts and disbursements, planning, work schedules, and administrative responsibilities of supervision, among others.
- Supervise and organize the routine work activities in the accounting department, ensuring efficient and accurate operations.
- Develop, implement and monitor established operational procedures to ascertain accurate and efficient end of month and year end closing of the General Ledger.
- Monitors the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Assist in compiling reports required by FCA, Board of Directors and Management.
- Maintain statistics to monitor daily operation, indicators and the staff productivity.
- Ensure that internal financial controls are implemented as designed and kept up to date, and resolve any comments related to internal controls in time.
- Provide guidance to the personnel about the controls and responsibilities related, and report to the Process Owner of any deficiency or changes to internal controls.
- Provide recommendations to achieve the group and Association goals.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, motivates and evaluates the performance of direct reports. Establishes disciplinary actions when necessary and promotes employee performance recognition when applicable.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Management and that are essential.
- CPA designation highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of comparable experience in a key accounting area for a financial institution.
- Thorough current knowledge of GAAP (accounting principles generally accepted in the United States).
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following: PeopleSoft, Fiserv DNA environment and nCino.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulatory requirements.
- Fully bilingual a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing reports, graphs, statistical database, data mining, presentations and others.