Location : San Juan
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5 years
Required Education : Bachelor Degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance or Accounting with 3 to 5 years of finance or accounting experience, preferably with property & casualty insurance industry. Or Associates Degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance or Accounting with 5 to 6 years of finance or accounting experience, preferably with property & casualty insurance industry. Or at least 7 years of experience in lieu of.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Insurance
Job Category : Finance/Economics
Job Description :
Requires advanced knowledge of work area or section of work and other key departments. Help others to understand the relationship between operational and strategic goals of the organization and constantly reinforce them. Independently oversee, guide and direct the daily financial concerns of the company, including planning, process design, work schedules, budget management, among others.
- Assist Comptroller in preparing budgets.
- Prepare and maintain forecasts, updating the information as needed.
- Interact with other departments and business units to support estimates used in budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in month and year end close, analyze and monitor results of operations, identified variances and trends to consider in preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate with financial reporting including annual statements, special reports to the company and regulatory agencies as well as with external and internal auditors, and regulatory and other examinations.
- Keep informed of and comply with all state and district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
- Assist in compiling information for preparing various reports for the Finance department and other areas.
- Keep current with new business trends as they develop and assist in implementation. Participate in corporate projects assigned.
- Ensure that internal financial controls are implemented as designed and kept up to date, and resolve any comments related to internal controls in time.
- Provide guidance to the personnel about the controls and responsibilities related, and report to the TSM task force in charge of the documentation of the financial internal controls of any changes to internal controls.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management and that are essential to the position.
Required Qualifications :