Buyer & Logistics
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor in industrial Management, logistics o business Administration
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Supply Chain/Logistics
Job Description :
Responsible for making purchases and quotes to acquire raw materials, parts, products among others for the Manufacturing Department. Provide the tracking required to receive the merchandise on time, guaranteeing the efficiency of suppliers and obtaining competitive prices.
- Responsible for consistently controlling the inventory of raw materials and products required ensuring it is suitable for optimal operation.
- Offer recommendations regarding process improvements, service acquisition, control and / or cost reduction, among others.
- Actively participate in the monthly inventory.
- Maintain active communication with suppliers to obtain information about products, prices, availability, delivery dates, among others.
- Prepare cost reports based on product experience and market prices.
- Prepare purchase orders by feeding the system with the relevant information.
- Negotiate contracts based on budget limits and by the level of authorization required.
- Maintain requirements for purchases of items and services, costs, receipts, delivery, product or service quality, warranty agreements and inventory information.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings and conferences with potential and current sales representatives in conjunction with another representative of the company to discuss issues related to products, service contracts and / or other agreements established during the purchase.
- Know the reorder points of all products knowing the usual consumption requirements to guarantee them in the company's inventory.
- Review and approve invoices according to the procedures of the companies.
- Expedite the delivery of items or services.
- Prepare and present work order reports and information during meetings.
- Maintain active communication with all relevant departments.
Required Qualifications :
- Possess 2 years of experience in supply chain, buyer in manufacturing industry.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Have initiative, leadership and ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Good effective verbal and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Prioritize and highly organized.