COMPLIANCE MONITORING SUPERVISOR
· Develop, plan and perform compliance reviews that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of the business.
· Implement standards for testing methodologies, techniques and procedures, execution of robust quality standard program, management of the risk prioritization process and providing guidance on the development of a testing program library
· Promote and support a risk minimizing culture in alignment with the culture transformation and Compliance's role as the second line of defense
· Deliver an effective second line of defense compliance testing program,
· Maintain continuous oversight of data gathering and dissemination of any regulatory, Compliance Monitoring and Testing and audit issues.
- Create and update and maintain the Compliance Risk Assessment.
· Maintain an understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance and expectations
· Develop the company’s Monitoring Program and Procedures.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of the company's Enterprise Risk Assessment.
· Anticipates changes in the internal and external business environment in order to revise the monitoring and testing program to suit these changes.
· Plan and perform internal monitoring reviews to evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of the company’s internal policies and procedures.
· Perform internal monitoring reviews of the business divisions to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Evaluate adherence to the applicable internal policy requirements.
· Prepare written reports and presentations that clearly present the results and conclusions of internal monitoring reviews.
- Present results to the Chief Compliance Officer, Executive Risk and Compliance Committee and other senior executives
· Recommend solutions to deficiencies or lack of controls in business units.
· Quantify / qualify risk with regards to deficiencies identified during internal monitoring reviews.
· Lead action plan to ensure deficiencies identified in monitoring reviews are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
· Lead action plan efforts to resolve findings and/or observations identified by external auditors or agencies, such as regulatory entities (local and federal).
· Supervise assigned personnel in compliance monitoring & testing related tasks.
· Develop effective working relationships with team members while distinguishing self as a leader
Perform any other special project/work assigned by the company as part of the risk management function
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other applicable area. Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
1 - 3 years of experience working with applicable rules and consumer protection / lending regulations , auditing / testing, risk / controls and issue mitigation or 3- 5 years of experience working with compliance or audit functions of financial institutions or with regulatory agencies, including the, FDIC, CFPB or Local agencies.
2 years of management experience of exempt or non-exempt personnel.
Business or Technical Writing, Reporting, education or training lending to ability to identify deficiencies in operational, credit approval and default servicing processes.
Understanding auditing standards and control structures and/ or experience as an auditor or compliance reviewer preferred.
Knowledgeable of how to quantify and qualify risk.
Proficiency with MS Office and Excel.
Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Spanish.
Ability to do oral and written presentations.
Ability to perform under pressure and to work individually as well as part of a team.
Ability to deal with numbers and have auditing skills, along with a basic knowledge on business math applications.