The Comptroller performs and supervises a variety of accounting and finance functions in accordance with the Association’s policies and procedures. Works with the CEO to coordinate and prepare specialized reports in the finance and operations area of the association.
Provides additional support to the CEO by performing advanced, diversified and confidential support duties requiring broad comprehensive experience in the areas of Project Management and Information Technology.
Assists the CEO in compiling financial data for the business plan and analyzes financial reports to evaluate Association’s performance and forecasts future financial position and budget requirements.
- Provides leadership to and supervision of the ACA’s accounting group, which include but is not limited to, the areas of accounting, internal controls, cash management, account payables and fixed assets. Also leads the accounting personnel in the preparation of reports, transactions and other activities of the accounting department.
- Reviews and maintains Association’s financial statements and/or compiles data for various financial reports to Board of Directors, stockholders and other external entities. Compiles reports and information in connection with audits and/or examinations of the Association by system entities and independent firms employed by the System or the Association.
- Provides support to the CEO to facilitate compilations and administration of data for managerial and to other financial key reviews. Main accountability is to gather specific business data from management staff to prepare technical, commercial and business complex reports. Assist CEO in preparing regular BOD confidential reports and presentations.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures, internal controls and related documentation as required by FCA, the Funding Corp, AgFirst and sound business principles.
- Prepares the annual financial budget by soliciting and compiling volume and operating expense data from staff for review by the CEO and board approval. Prepares monthly budget variance report for CEO and Board review.
- Reviews fluctuation analysis, monthly reconciliation of G/L accounts prepared by accounting group, and reviews system access reports as part of the Associations ICFR structure.
- Manages the quarterly and annual income tax provision jointly with the external tax advisor. Prepares schedules and reports for use in analyzing the holding company tax model, annual local and federal tax returns, and other necessary request/coordination with external tax consultants.
- Coordinates the preparation of patronage distributions.
- Identify training needs of the Accounting group for their individual and collective development.
Serves as Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) champion for the Association, provides guidance to others within the Association regarding internal controls, and serves as the liaison with AgFirst for the General Financing Agreement (GFA) ICFR requirements.
- MBA degree and/or CPA designation highly desirable.
- At least 10 years of comparable experience in accounting area and supervisory role in a financial institution.
- Thorough current knowledge of GAAP (accounting principles generally accepted in the United States).
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following: PeopleSoft, Fiserv DNA and nCino. Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulatory requirements.
- Fully bilingual a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing reports, graphs, statistical database, data mining, presentations and others.