The role of Manager in the Government & External Services group is to lead, develop, manage, promote, and integrate all aspects of the assigned area to meet both customer needs and company objectives. Responsible for the overall application development and programming plan. Provide managerial direction, and supervisory control to departmental staff and budgetary/financial oversight. Facilitate the talent management strategy of the department. Advise business units and the upper management about technical topics related to the Department and present new ideas for the Department continuous improvement or new technologies that might result in new business opportunities. Ensure execution and compliance with control procedures related to their respective job responsibilities according to approved limits and delegation of authority. Communicate to appropriate channels any situation that could result in non-compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Ensures that the proper functioning of the Unit and that its processes are completed in a timely manner while in compliance with policy and regulations.
Performs duties through methods and actions that are consistently ethical and in total compliance with the laws, applicable regulations, Code of Ethics, corporate policies and guidelines and rules of conduct. Completes corporate trainings and certifications intended for the detection and prevention of money laundering related activities and fraud, insider training and conflict of interest policies and procedures, as applicable.
Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Engineering from a four-year (4) accredited Institution is required. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience supervising teams, preferably an Information Technology unit and strong knowledge in Programming and Applications Development.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Knowledge in Application Development and Programming Methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which considers the phases of Analysis and Design, Build, Quality Assurance and Acceptance testing, Implementation and Post-Implementation Support. Clear understanding of Roles and Responsibilities of all areas involved in the development of an application and/or functionality.
• Effective management of Business Requirements, analyzing Business Requirements Documents (BRD) submitted by Business and Client that details functional needs and also includes non-functional requirements that have to be considered in the software design such as: security, system availability, disaster recovery, and implementation, among others.
• Knowledge of the development process for secure coding when is applicable: programming guidelines (Java, .Net, Mainframe, B24), Unit Test and Integration Tests, and the OWASP guidelines for WEB Base Systems.
• Strong project management skills to manage team and oversee production workflow, timelines, and schedules; ability to manage priorities against tight deadlines.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions.
• Ability to multitask in high volume environment.
• Attention to detail and great follow-up skills are essential.
• Identify priorities based on the unit objectives, business needs and staff availability.
• Oriented to solutions, results, and customer service excellence.
• Effective leader, communicator, innovator, and exceptionally good team player.
• Must be able to work independently, be organized and self-motivated.
• Coordinate frequent meetings to ensure the effective implementation of tasks, activities, and projects.
• Complete documentation required for auditing purposes.
• Oversee the project and incident management tools; evaluate tasks, the use of time and incidents resolution.
• Manage Unit Budget.
• Completely fluent in English and Spanish, both written and oral.
Monday to Friday: 8:30am- 5:30pm
Available to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed and the availability to travel as required supporting projects in the region.