ITS Help Desk Technician
As an ITS Help Desk Technician, you will be supporting Company Operations by providing desktop support to include technical advice, guidance, and informal training to customers using hardware and software programs. The ITS Help Desk Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and restoring routine technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures. Performs root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems. The primary responsibilities for Field Service include providing great customer service while installing, diagnosing, and solving retail equipment failures within service level agreements at company locations. The equipment includes POS (point of sale), registers, thermal printers, laser printers, scanners, servers, PCs, phone systems, RF, networking, pharmacy, and other related computer peripherals. This position involves driving between companies locations in the Puerto Rico geography to service and install hardware, assisting other neighboring areas with workload, working normal day shift, on call for weekday evenings onsite high severity service calls and rotating weekend and holiday coverage for onsite high severity service calls. The normal shift scheduling for this position may include Saturday and Sunday as normal workdays with two weekdays as scheduled days off or rotating on call.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recommending procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Working independently, sharing information, and assisting others with work orders.
- Performing necessary diagnostic and corrective actions for hardware and software problems.
- Responding to, resolving, and documenting service tickets in a timely manner according to service level agreements or assigned completion dates.
- Providing 24/7 on-call support as assigned. Shift flexibility required.
A successful candidate can troubleshoot and restore routine technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- 3 years of previous hands-on technical knowledge and experience (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment (preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment (preferred)
- Experience supporting a Windows environment and Network Communications (preferred)
- Solid problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of operating systems/hardware/software.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to drive between all the company locations
Available to work: days, nights, weekends, holidays as needed.
- Ability to install and service equipment located on the floor as well as overhead
Ability to move printers, monitors, and other equipment as needed.
Valid driver’s license.