Laboratory and Scientific Research Manager
Location : Puerto Plata, RD
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Consumer Products
Job Category : Other
Job Description :
As a key member of the Primary Production (PP) leadership team, the Laboratory and Scientific Research Manager is responsible for managing the activities within the laboratories, covering distillation, maturation, blending, bottling and to support new product development through routine laboratory analysis as required by laboratory schedules and research projects. Further duties of the role include ensuring a safe working environment, working with the supply chain team and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Required Qualifications :
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification in science or a related subject with extensive experience leading and managing people.
- Previous experience of food/drink manufacturing.
- Have expertise in the matured spirits industry.
- be a qualified analytical professional with excellent practical knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques including GC, HPLC, GC-MS, classical and wet chemistry, densitometry and spectroscopy (UV, Vis, NIR) and expertise in maturation chemistry.
- Understand the requirements of managing an accredited lab, and already have experience of working within a production environment within the brewing or distilling industry and applying analytical chemistry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be collaborative in nature with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business, as well as externally as appropriate, whilst representing the function effectively.
- The ability to manage people, projects and research needs to come easily.