1. Implement as directed all manufacturing activities and plan.
2. Supervise, schedule and coordinate daily activities in the manufacture of products in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
3. Assist in the development and planning of all long term manufacturing processes and schedules to ensure the timely and efficient operation of the production and packaging departments.
4. Participate in the selection and make recommendations with respect to the purchase of manufacturing equipment and supplies to meet established production schedules and quality standards.
5. Participate in the hiring and selection of manufacturing production personnel.
6. Develop and implement manufacturing training programs to meet department needs.
7. Develop and author manufacturing procedures and practices and ensure implementation and compliance with department standards and manufacturing requirements.
8. Promote a positive employee relations environment.
9. Participate in preparation of department budgets related to manufacturing activities.
10. Assist with troubleshooting daily operational/technical scheduling issues to accomplish short and long term manufacturing objectives.
11. Ensure current Good Manufacturing Practices are followed including the safe handling of manufacturing equipment and materials.
12. Support liaison activities for the division with respect to technical, operational and scheduling issues with suppliers.
13. Carry out other duties as assigned that are deemed reasonable and within the broad scope of the position.
Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices and regulatory requirements within the industry. Extensive troubleshooting skills related to all manufacturing activities and equipment.
Incumbent must be fully bilingual in both English and Spanish, with a strong, thorough, and concise written and verbal communications skills and above average computer literacy (MS-Office). Excellent technical writing skills are required. Incumbent must posses’ strong mathematical skills to facilitate the interpretation of the programs evaluated. The incumbent must be very familiar with the different computerized system implemented throughout the Division. The incumbent must be able to work in a team-based matrix environment and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.