Responsible for planning and requisitioning the Organization's direct material orders, in accordance with the demand and inventory control parameters established. Perform the following tasks.
- Use the MRP application to plan and maintain optimal inventory levels, according to customer demand and requirements.
- Maintains direct communication with suppliers when placing orders and ensuring delivery and services.
- Make the necessary arrangements to ensure that the material arrives on time and the manufacturing process is not affected.
- Handles stocking materials/consignment effectively while keeping inventories low.
- Implement inventory control strategies to increase turns and reduce obsolescence.
- Controls air transport costs according to the budget set.
- Work in conjunction with the Materials Manager to identify cost reduction (deflation) opportunities.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Previous experience in a made to order/make to stock manufacturing environment processing raw material and producing finished goods.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Completely bilingual: Spanish / English
· Domain of information systems including Microsoft Office and MRP systems.
· APICS certification preferred or willing to earn certification during employment.