1. Assess the child's growth and development to identify nutritional needs.
2. Carry out nutritional interventions for children at nutritional risk and coordinate the necessary services.
3. Offer follow-up nutritional therapy for children with special diets.
5. Complete the Nutritional Care of the children of the centers assigned to them.
6. Supervise the preparation, handling and service of food in the assigned centers.
7. Carry out probationary evaluations and annual personnel evaluations
8. Identify the needs and plan the professional development of the staff you supervise.
9. Provide technical support and guidance to staff you supervise
8. Prepare educational material on nutrition for staff, children and families.
9. Offer nutrition education to staff, parents, children, families and community.
10. Supervise the preparation, handling, and service of food in the assigned centers.
11. Carry out the PACNA monitoring in the assigned centers.
12. Support the work of education in nutrition of nutrition techniques.
13. Prepare and deliver monthly reports on the established dates.
14. Contribute to successful outcomes for children.
15. Maintain files of the personnel supervised with the required information and documentation.
16. Data analysis for case discussions and screening integration
17. Continuous monitoring in coordinated visits with the supervisors of the different service areas.
18. Promote health patterns and habits that promote the comprehensive health of children, parents and staff
Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Nutrition and Dietetics. Internship or validation. Revalidation approved.
One year or more of preschool nutrition experience preferred
Belong to the College of Nutritionists and Dieticians of Puerto Rico.
License issued by the Board of Health Professionals.
Current Health Certificate
Current Category 3 Driver's License.
Basic knowledge and use of Word, Excel, Outlook computer system
Possess basic equipment to perform tasks from home computer, telephone, internet.
Certificate of good standing
Food Safety Course