Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5
Required Education : Bachelorís degree in a technical field related to OHS&E.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
1. Good understanding and knowledge of US OSHA 29 CFR 1910 regulations, guidelines, and programs for Health & Safety.
2. Maintains contact information with internal OHS groups as well as external regulatory agencies such as OHSA, Fire Department, PRASA, NPDES, others.
3. Creates, edits, indexing, and revising a variety of documents, and implementation of OHS&E procedures, work instructions, safety policies, programs, manuals related to OHS activities, regulations, and compliance.
4. Ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to regulatory guidelines.
5. Is responsible for the Near-Miss program, meeting objectives and informing personnel on day to-day status.
6. Provide and manage OHS employee licenses required under program requirements.
7. Acts as the custodian of OHS documentation, regulatory permits, MSDS, certifications, and documentation including computerized programs.
8. Enters monthly OHS data into computerized system. Replies to NFR’s surveys and requested information.
9. Communicates with all levels of management, supervision, and employees on a wide variety of OHS&E issues and coordinates training, group, and meeting events.
10.Accountable for OSHA and ITG-OHS Inspections, policies, and programs. Including Risk Assessment Program.
11.Advise Projects, Operations and Others on the administration of safety and health compliance.
12. Participates in OHSE SBU program.
13.Complies with the FDA rules and regulations for the industry.
14. Meets each of the Environmental Policy and company commitment requirements.
Required Qualifications :
Language Skills: • Fully bilingual (English and Spanish). • Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. • Ability to effectively present information, give presentations and respond to questions. Math Skills: • Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. • Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret a variety of charts such as bar, pie, histogram, line graphs. Computer Skills: • Proficient in software programs such as MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Access. Other Skills • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. • Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, OHS professional journals, technical procedures. • agencies upon instructions on monthly, annual reporting. • Ability to effectively present OHSE information and respond to questions internally from managerial group, supervision, employees.