Supervises and coordinates the daily operation of assigned areas with responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. Actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, employee relations, and development while promoting engagement and involvement.
- Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Completes accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Supervises the activities of production employees to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluates employee performance and completes necessary documentation. Participates in staffing process and training/development needs.
- Reviews daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met. Checks running orders/query dispatch lists to determine schedule priorities. Coordinates and expedites hot parts and assigns rework.
- Inspects and monitors production quality and equipment. Ensures quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by associates for procedure change, etc.
- Promotes and supports the company's efforts in associate involvement concepts, and "open door" communications through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promotes commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicates/updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Participates in MDI and SQDIP meetings.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain the work area clean and organized.
- Support lean initiatives (5s, RIE’s, SQDIP, MDI, 9 step).
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including EHS and ISO requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Leadership skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge in local and federal labor laws and regulations, including OSHA.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office).
- Organization and planning skills.
- Knowledge of ISO and Lean manufacturing.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)