Management of production, safety, delivery and productivity of the assigned operations of the plant according to developed strategies and policies.
Establishes and achieves short- and long-term objectives. Develops plantpolicies and procedures and provides guidance on theirimplementation. Advises on strategic and projects and provides necessary support to ensure the successful implementation of plant initiatives.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Assure employee performs preventive maintenance and inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum operations delays.
- Identifies employees needs related to performance problems, and coordinates activities such as training to drive performance improvement.
- Develops or revises operational standards and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations
- Supports Mfg. Engineering to assure department goals are met.
- Conducts, leads or participate in Operational Excellence activities, such as Rapid Improvements events, Kaizens, Eight Step problem solving, VSM to promote and ensure that processes are continuously improved and operates in a waste elimination mode.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration (B. A.) from four-year College or university.
- Must have a minimum of three years of Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in an automotive or electromechanical industry.
- Experience must include exposure to Lean/Six Sigma and ISO disciplines.
- Ability to speak and understand English language.