Software Developer (JAVA)
Analyzes, designs and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, controls, and outputs. Compiles code into programs and correct errors detected in compile process. Creates test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, and corrections. Provides technical assistance to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program. Makes use of tools and programming languages to create or update applications in open systems using innovative technology. Develops and integrates applications for both internal and public use. Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages. Assists in project planning and design. Creates prototypes and functional specifications for projects. Determines new technologies to utilize, such as browsers, languages, and plug-ins, based on company's needs.The successful candidate must have the ability to take minimal business requirements and work pro-actively with cross functional teams to obtain clear objectives that drive projects forward to completion.
Performs duties through methods and actions that are consistently ethical and in total compliance with the laws, applicable regulations, Code of Ethics, corporate policies and guidelines and rules of conduct. Completes corporate trainings and certifications intended for the detection and prevention of money laundering related activities and fraud, insider training and conflict of interest policies and procedures, as applicable.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Databases: SQL Server, Oracle RDBMS/PLSQL
• Ability to plan and design user interaction solutions.
• Understand object-oriented programming.
• Knowledge in application life-cycle management.
• Knowledge in Configuration and deployment of Web applications.
• Troubleshooting and debugging of Web applications.
• Knowledge Integrated Development Environment (Spring MVC)
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, Web User Interface design.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish, both written and oral.
• Ability to translate business/functional requirements into a Technical Design, good written skills, experience drafting technical documentation.
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial and manage critical project timelines.
Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm
Available to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed and the availability to travel as required supporting projects in the region.