Supply Chain Director
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5 years
Required Education : BA in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Purchasing or Material Management.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Plan, implement and monitor the overall supply chain strategy.
- Responsible for directing the company's Purchasing, Materials, and Inventory Control staff.
- Determine key supply chain KPIs.
- Suggest solutions for process improvements.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and suppliers.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- It conducts all negotiations for purchase contracts ensuring the best possible cost for direct materials, indirect materials, and operation services.
- Directs and implements all supplier certification programs.
- Work in conjunction with the materials team to identify and implement programs that help reduce inventory and increase turns.
- Manage the organization’s logistics (transportation) initiatives and budgets.
Required Qualifications :
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great negotiation and communication skills
- Previous experience developing and implementing projects with low-cost regions.
- Previous experience managing metal market, price index, and “Hedging”.
- Fully bilingual: Spanish / English
- Advanced knowledge and skills in information systems including Microsoft Office and MRP systems.