Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8 to 10
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, purchase, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds and utility systems of industrial plant or another establishment.
1. Part of the organization management team.
2. Applies Lean Management principles.
3. Control and report department Budget and expenditures.
4. Manages the preventive maintenance program in conjunction with mechanical and maintenance staff.
5. Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
6. Confers with management, mechanical, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
7. Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
8. Ensures adequate supervision and inventory controls of machine parts and auxiliary equipment maintained at the Central Store Room.
9. Coordinates the purchasing process with Global Procurement for new equipment, following company guidelines and standards.
10. Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
11. Provides technical support to other manufacturing sites.
12.Supports and assists Corporate Global Engineering group in the implementation of projects. 13. Ensure having adequate of support and communication with Technical Managers in Cigars region.
14.Complies with occupational safety and security regulations.
15.Keeps areas clean and organized following 6S Principles.
16. Guarantee for Technical Department adherence to regulatory compliances, including Group and FDA.
17. Meets each of the Environmental Policy and Company Commitment requirements and thus promote the preservation of the environment and natural resources.
Required Qualifications :
Knowledge of electrical & mechanical maintenance of PLC based machines, hydraulic machines, machines shop equipment and utilities. • Familiar with ISO regulations relative to manufacturing operations. Language Skills: • Fully Bilingual (Spanish & English). • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. • Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Math Skills: • Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. • Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Computer Skills: • Proficient in Microsoft Office programs. • Computer literate and knowledge of Internet and Business applications such as Microsoft Office