Tier 1 IT Help Desk Technician
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2 - 4
Required Education : Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Retail
Job Category : Computer Services
Job Description :
The selected candidate will provide first level of support (analysis, troubleshooting and consultation) on technical issues related to the technological platforms of the organization, including, but not limited to Micros, POS-attached devices, store systems, Microsoft Office, access control, software deployment, workstation and communication devices, and much more. This includes diagnosing issues, testing and implementing solutions, identifying best practice deficiencies, troubleshooting, and consulting with clients on workarounds and best practices.
Required Qualifications :
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore failed IT services quickly.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of devices and software tools used throughout operations, including PCs, POS, software, OS systems, devices and communications.
- Process service requests and keep users timely informed on incident status, using the tools or mechanisms established for this purpose.
- Investigate customer’s claims, by interacting with users and assessing technical issues.
- Provide network support including installing network application software, granting access to users, creating user groups, managing resources, and installing peripherals.
- Maintain magnetic media library and ensure requirements are met for handling, storage and disposition of magnetic media.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience; or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
- Previous experience in IT, specifically with POS equipment, or related field.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.