Credit and Collection Representative
Location : Bayamón
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Category : Accounting/Auditing
Job Description :
Ensure that all the credit granted is recovered within the terms established by the company, maintaining the collection portfolio within the agreed performance indicators.
- Monitor and maintain assigned accounts.
- Process and update daily deposits to customer accounts and invoices, ensuring reconciliation of deposits (checks received by mail, wire transfers, vendor deposits).
- Analyze customer accounts after payments are applied to identify skipped bills, partial payments and price differences to immediately resolve discrepancies.
- Review and process account adjustments, credit notes and claim any improper deductions.
- Weekly review the "aging" through the available resources (Corvu and AS/400) to determine debts over 35 days and cigarettes over 14 days.
- Generate the expiration report of your accounts and identify those critical problems and submit the information to the Supervisor and Sales Department.
- Process invoices generated by the EDI system and work accounts/reports through it.
- Contact customers and vendors to manage collections of overdue invoices. Identify delinquent accounts and develop collection action plan with supervisor.
- Document and keep notes in the system of each situation or difference in the accounts to facilitate their analysis and follow-up.
- Maintain interdepartmental communication to resolve any situation that arises from: billing, customer service, merchandise receipt, accounting, sales, etc.
- Recommend to the supervisor credit hold orders, accounts to suspend, accounts for collection agencies, accounts to “write off”.
- Participate in planning meetings to define department goals. Measure the results obtained to meet the organization's goals and determine opportunities.
- Meetings with vendors and supervisors to facilitate aging.
- Protect the integrity of the company by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor.
Required Qualifications :
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, finance or equivalent
Knowledge in excel