The main objective of this position is to assess, design and lead the IT department programmers to provide services that will support the main company and its business needs in all programming technical areas related to computer, database, applications, software, and hardware within the company.
Essential duties and responsibilities
They are included but not limited to the following:
1. Establishing objectives and strategies aligned with company business needs and objectives for the adequate operation of the IT Department in conversation with the VP of Information Technology.
2. Leading with the IT VP the execution and development of the IT staff in order to ensure departmental and individual objectives.
3. Management of tools such as: Oracle OIC, Oracle APEX, Visual Builder, Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle Database, Oracle Forms, XML Publisher, SQL Developer.
4. Establishing and management of departmental and IT related policies and procedures
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Ability to solve problems of application, communication or infrastructure performance individually or with the help of an external technical support department.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes.
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
Education and Experience required
- Minimum Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering
- More than Three years’ experience developing/managing Programmers
It is also preferred to understand these software’s/applications and to have any these technical certifications:
- Database: MySQL, MS SQL
- Management of tools such as: Oracle OIC, Oracle APEX, Visual Builder, Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle Database, Oracle Forms, XML Publisher, SQL Developer.
- Bilingual oral / written expression (Spanish; English)
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, Windows, UNIX/Linux.
- Skilled in one or more test repository tools (e.g., JIRA, Quality Director, Silk Central)
- Knowledge and experience in Applications: Management IDE’s and/or Visual Studio.
- Database: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Experience in Oracle OTBI Reporting.
- Verbal presentation skills