Patient Assistance Program Coordinator
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category :
Healthcare - Other
Job Description :
The Patient Assistance Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating patient access to medications necessary for their treatment, regardless of their ability to pay. The Patient Assistance Program Coordinator acts as a link between health providers, patients and foundations providing the necessary assistance to guarantee patients with high co-payments and / or financial limitations that they can receive the treatment ordered by their physicians.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the daily work plan of the Patient Assistance Program team.
- Manage reports for all PBMs and other business partners.
- Attend and collaborate in all meeting with manufactures & other entities.
- Identify qualified program participants in accordance with eligibility requirements.
- Manage and process applications to pharmaceutical manufacturers’ PAP programs.
- Monitor and track value of drugs recovered for billing and reporting processes.
- Build relationships with and act as liaison to physicians, patients, and PAP programs.
- Maintain daily contact with patients, physicians, pharmacy personnel, and PAP programs to ensure high level of service and assist in program participation;
- Answer pharmacy’s questions regarding day-to-day operational issues, product/vendor information;
- Educate physician, patient and drug companies on program mission, guidelines, requirements and appropriate referral;
- Extensive patient communication/education to determine eligibility for assistance;
- Identify and resolve rejected applications, including accessing comparable drug regimen;
- Document in detail in the CPR+ platform all the steps taken in favor of patients enrolled in the pharmacy’s PAP;
- Maintain an updated list of available financial aid entities;
- Monitor funding balances in each of the financial aid entities;
- Monitor assistance balances for each enrolled patient to ensure funding is available until completion of therapy;
- Maintain security and confidentiality of patient information;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Candidate Experience and Education:
- Pharmacy Technician Degree is Required
- Business Administration Degree is preferred
- HIPAA, both Security & Privacy; Confidentiality, & Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)
- 1 year of previous experience in customer service and Patient Assistance Programs is required;
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare business office, hospital or registration environment is preferred;
- Prior experience as Pharmacy Technician, social worker or patient advocate is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required;
- Knowledge of CPR+ is preferred;
- Knowledge of specialty drug products is preferred;
- Knowledge of requirements of the pharmaceutical industries Medication Patient Assistance Programs is helpful.
Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish is required.